To win you need to beat the dealer without busting. You bust when your cards total to more than 21 and you lose automatically. The winner is whoever has closest to a total of 21. You reach 21 by adding up the values of the cards.
The blackjack table seats about 6 players. Either six or eight decks of cards are used and are shuffled together by the dealer and placed in a card dispensing box called ‘Shoe’.
Before receiving any cards players must place a wager. Then the players are dealt two cards face up. The dealer gets one face up, one face down. Each player in turn either stays or takes more cards to try and get closer to 21 without busting.
Players who do not bust wait for the dealer’s turn. When all the players are done, the dealer turns up the down card. By rule, on counts of 17 or higher the dealer must stay; on counts of 16 or lower the dealer must draw.
If you make a total of 21 with the first two cards (a 10 or a face and an Ace), you win automatically. This is called ‘Blackjack’.
If you have Blackjack, you will win one and one-half times your bet unless the dealer also has Blackjack, in which case it is a Push or a Tie (or a Stand-off) and you get your bet back.
The remaining players with a higher count than the dealer win an amount equal to their bet.
Players with a lower count than the dealer lose their bet. If the dealer busts, all the remaining players win. There are other betting options namely Insurance, Surrender, Double Down, Even Money and Split.
* Insurance: side bet up to half the initial bet against the dealer having a natural 21 – allowed only when the dealer’s showing card is an Ace. If the dealer has a 10 face down and makes a blackjack, insurance pays at 2-1 odds, but loses if the dealer does not.
* Surrender: giving up your hand and lose only half the bet.
* Early Surrender: surrender allowed before the dealer checks for blackjack.
* Late Surrender: the dealer first checks to see if he has blackjack. If he does, surrender is not permitted.
* Double Down: double your initial bet following the initial two-card deal, but you can hit one card only. A good bet if the player is in a strong situation. Most casinos will allow you to double down on any two cards. Some casinos will let you double down after splitting and some will limit your doubling down to hands that total ten or eleven. However, there is one condition: When you double down, you must take one additional card and you cannot receive more than one.
* Even Money: cashing in your bet immediately at a 1:1 payout ratio when you are dealt a natural blackjack and the dealer’s showing card is an Ace.
* Split Hand: split the initial two-card hand into two and play them separately – allowed only when the two first cards are of equal value. Use each card as the start to a separate hand and place a second bet equal to the first.
* Hard Hand: A hand without an Ace, or with an Ace valued at 1 is said to be Hard in that it can only be given one value, unlike a Soft Hand. (You can value an Ace 1 or 11 to suit you).
* Soft Hand: A hand that contains an Ace counted as 11 is called a Soft Hand.
Online Casino Reviews
Blackjack Ballroom Casino is one among the best voted online casinos and its absolute entertainment which you can witness.
$500 and 1 Hour FREE
The Blackjack Ballroom Casino offers a very generous welcome bonus for those who signup at the casino.
The moment you sign up you will be credited with $500 and can then start the clock to make as much money as you can within 1 hour. Of course signing up to Blackjack Ballroom also means automatic membership to the Casino Rewards VIP program, a proven and respected loyalty program that offer highly
competitive weekly and monthly promotions as well as the opportunity to redeem loyalty points in any of their seven partner casinos.
AWARD WINNING SOFTWARE!
Blackjack Ballroom features the new VIPER software from Microgaming. With enhanced game play, state-of-the-art graphics and sound, Expert Mode, AutoPlay features, more games and superior navigation, VIPER brings you all that online gaming has to offer.
MORE THAN 130 GAMES
Along with VIPER technology come a whole host of new and exciting games. The newly released Tombraider is a must for all slot enthusiasts with the feature rich action and great payouts. Blackjack Ballroom have recently introduced Nickel slots, with bets from as little as 5 cents a go. Of course Blackjack Ballroom is also regarded as one of the top casinos for online blackjack and progressive jackpots.
Blackjack Ballroom is one of the most recognized casinos online and as such they take their banking and security very seriously. With a 128 bit encryption on all banking transactions, they are able to claim that banking with them online is actually safer than making transactions at your bank. After you initial withdrawal, it only takes between 2 to 3 working days for money to reach your account and they give you the option of choosing your preferred withdrawal method.